Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Oyster Rockefeller Review

'Rockefeller really rocks!', that was the first statement that came out from my mouth after having a taste of this recipe. Most of us can't get away with the temptation of eating seafood. Why? Because it's a whole lot different experience from poultry and other meat and the terrific taste of ocean that it brings to our mouth. Especially nowadays, there's a plenty of variety of delightful seafood dishes available at your Filipino restaurant, and one that's listed on my menu of seafood dishes is made from Oyster.

If we take a closer look into the appearance of a raw oyster, we could say that it not edible because it looks like a piece of rock and is basically not the type of food that's attractive to our sight, rather “icky” than yummy. But few such dishes can defy the unappetizing appearance of a raw oyster. One known dish is the Oyster Rockefeller.


It is an ideal appetizer for everyone, specially for the seafood “monsters” I mean lovers. This serving contains tasty Aklan oysters, topped with creamy cheese and bacon and Popeye's strength booster, spinach! It's a killer combo and actually tastes heavenly. I remember when I first tried the dish, I don't know what to expect from a yucky looking sea creature, but heck with the appearance, it's a food so it should be judge by its taste, and the moment it embraces my taste buds, it sends me to the depths of the ocean with the mermaids' playing harp and singing.

At first, I just really want to try and explore a new Filipino recipe, and now, I don't regret experiencing the taste of cheesy baked oyster with a touch of bacon. I'm not usually into seafood dishes, particularly the oyster, but after trying the Oyster Rockefeller, I realized that I should try other varieties of mussel available.

Aside from enjoying its awesome taste, did you know that oysters are rich in iodine which helps lower the risk of having a Goiter and are also high in calcium, iron, and protein? That's true, it has a lot of nutrients that's good for our body. Although it's kind of pricey for Php. 550.00, you will forget about what you've spent once you enjoy the rocking taste of Rockefeller, and you will definitely want to try it again. This fantastic recipe is highly recommended for everyone looking for a new kind of kick. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment